Tuesday 10 August 2010

Why buying business laptops second is good if you're a paranoid psycho

I bought a Dell D420 off ebay for £180 including post and packing.
It's a good laptop. It used to be £1000 when it came out as was used by
a lot of businesses so there's lots of cheap ones out there bringing
down the price on ebay.

that's good for anyone. Most people don't have to worry about breaking
theirs though. I've hit the keyboard many times but the magnesium alloy
chassis has absorbed the blow and protected the motherboard. I've
chucked it about a couple of times as well but this old laptop is tough
and has a hard disk shock protection system so the fragile drive has
survived.

Best of all a replacement screen is cheap because there's lots of
spares. I was quoted £250 to get the laptop repaired in a shop but
they'd charge £45 if I could source the part. On Ebay replacement
screens are £45. They may evewn be able to fix the flaky wireless
problem which is one of the reasons this laptop's had a beating (the
intermittent wireless disconnection seemed to have more significance
than chance).

I bust the screen on my mum's laptop. It's a cheap, consumer laptop with
a 17" screen that cost under £500 last year or the year before. It's
nothing like as well made nor as fast as the Dell. A replacement screen
is going to cost over £100. I broke it because of an unusual Google
error when I started to look for information on MS, an error that I
thought was caused by the controlling force that's wrecking me and my
life. Or god as other people know the non-corporeal entity.

I can never know if I@m totally paranoid or not though. I dismiss so
much information and coincidental events just in case it's my paranoid
but there are times when it gets overwhelming and there are times when
my capability to push back these thoughts of control within chance (i.e.
when coincidence becomes too much to be coincidence).

There's a dangerous adage I once heard. Once is accident, twice
coincidence, three times conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"