Saturday 28 August 2010

Thoughts on love, attraction and desire

I used to let myself fall in love because without it life's just not
life. I tried to kiss the joy on the wing but not fall with it as it
falls. I fell too hard the last time and have stepped away from allowing
love again.

My definition of love is important. For me it is an emotional high. It's
a painful feeling at the same time. It's confusing and complex. It's
simple and life affirming. It's a feeling many people may never have
felt for their partner.

Those people have a different love. It's not one I've ever known. It's
the stuff of films like Eyes Wide Shut. The love of a long term
relationship. I can imagine it's not like the burning feeling of love
that I enjoyed. It's not something I'll know.

Attraction and sexual desire exist as well. I get horny just like anyone
else though I I go through patches where even the hottest supermodel
doesn't turn me on. I find many women attractive - some may call this
low standards and others may appreciate it as seeing the variety of
beauty.I'm not afraid of letting people know that I fancy them or they
look good but that's something that's socially unacceptable. I end up
looking like a Lothario.

I think it's a shame that people can't be honest about their feelings of
attraction, desire and love. These are wonderful positive emotions.
Perhaps it's because some men use compliments as chat up lines. Perhaps
selective memory means people forget then men who give feedback and ask
for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"