Sunday 15 August 2010

A useful article on what a "psycho" (used here as an abbreviation for psychopath) actually is

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/dsm-iv/content/article/10168/54831

The whole thing's pretty interesting but here's the relevant snip for
those who aren't interested in the details.

"
Most psychopaths (with the exception of those who somehow manage to plow
their way through life without coming into formal or prolonged contact
with the criminal justice system) meet the criteria for ASPD, but most
individuals with ASPD are not psychopaths. Further, ASPD is very common
in criminal populations, and those with the disorder are heterogeneous
with respect to personality, attitudes and motivations for engaging in
criminal behavior.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"