Friday 17 June 2011

About four months ago I was a dinner with the head of venture capital (europe) at vodafone and now I drink alone in a park

I was going to say this was mental illness.

Was it? Or was it a reaction to life events? A strong reaction maybe...but a strong reaction by a human being isn't necessarily an illness. Oh it might be called one and 'treatment' used but just because that's current reality doesn't make it true.

Some human beings might not have reacted how I have nor acted as I do. Lucky them. But they're not what I would hope for normal, not when applied to the totality of a human being.

I thought the subject was an example of bipolarity but I wasn't hypermanic when I went to dinner. I was crazy with social anxiety at a business meeting but I had no delusions nor was running an uncontrollable flight of ideas nor wrecklessly spending nor having sustained poor sleeping patterns.

I wonder if this current depression is therefore the standard post-mania depression or something of a different clinical syndrome happening outside another predefined syndrome, I.e. depression outside the pattern or cycle of bipolar.

Oh I worked hard of course. Intensely. I was at the dinner as part of what used to be my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"