Tuesday 14 June 2011

The system isn't about distress

None of the science which goes into training and commissioning is about distress. Or almost none. A century of fighting and the movement for the recognition of the scale of psychological distress...which I'm sort of shifting to people based measures...after all, psychological distress is another cheeky fucking way to create a hegemony for psychologists and mental health campaigners.

Fuck the bullshit. Fuck the waste of scientific endeavour. Where is our democracy in that the most important of questions: what of the human condition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"