Wednesday 29 June 2011

How the fuck can sham ect be the best treatment for mental illness

Based on the bentall and read 2010 ect review, the one which picks the high quality placebo controlled trials and shows real ect works a little bit when used and not on followup, this ridiculous statement or question is not only true...it is a very important research and evidence based medicine question.

Is sham ect so effective at treating treatment resistant conditions because of the placebo effect or is their a fundamental problem with the pseudoscience of psychiatry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"