Monday 13 June 2011

Why is the addict so perjoratised?

Why are few if any of the UK's antisigma projects about addicts?

Why is there no national user voice for addicts?

Why does no one fight or campaign for them and their lives even though theb disability and exclusion they suffer is on a par with the worst mental illnesses?

Why can perjorative language be used and harsh measures enforced on addicts which wouldn't be used on other mentally ill people? For example the enforced detox. An addict is forced to stop using their drug instantly using coercion and often incaceration. This torturous process is one of the worst 'treatments' and causing significant levels of distress.

Why does no one give a shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"