Saturday 25 June 2011

Is the label of schizophrenia used to suppress and subjugate the creative type

The answer is probably yes.

Society advantages automotons. The creative type was suppressed through many systems which are part of the malformation of human society which happened as a result of the values of the industrial age.

The schizotaxia genotype can express through environmental factors to become a phenotype on the schizophrenia spectrum. I wonder if the spectrum would have high correlations with the phenotype of creative person - that's if they ever bothered to look for.a genotype for creativity.

Schizotypy is often associated with creativity. A dopamine study shows the d2 receptor is associated with creativity and more sexual partners. This d2 receptor is what antipsychotics work on.

Promiscuousness used to be associated with schizophrenia. Particularly women if I remember right but that's probably only because it was more acceptable for men to be promiscious back in the earlier history of psychiatry.

I very much doubt in the early history of psychiatry there was any effort to consider creativity and dementia praecox. Psychosanology probably wasn't a word in peoples language back then. This is the sadly absent paradigm in psychiatry.

Promisuousness is not associated with people's perceptions today of schizophrenia nor creativity. I wonder if the chemical cosh treatment favoured in suppressing schizophrenia has suppressed this behaviour. No wonder systematic reviews often find little or no association with schizophrenia and creativity. The drugs take that pleasure away from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"