Thursday 30 June 2011

Correcting short sightedness

There are 4 ways I can think of. Glasses. Laser eye surgery. Contacts. Another method used in russia where small cuts are made across the lens of the eye. Don't know what the last one is called.

I've worn glasses for ages. The medical profession do what people want. They invented new medical technologies which are riskier than either glasses or contact lenses. Society developed to expect normality or sameness as attractive. Another problem which came about as a result of the illness in society.

I could wear contact lenses to make me look prettier but glasses will do. I'm not sure I could live without any technology to correct my short sightedness but then I never had to learn. I learned to get used to being less attractive because I wore glasses. I got used to being different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"