Tuesday 28 June 2011

I am thinking about the lines of one of Winston Churchill's speeches

We shall fight them on the beeches
We shall fight them on the landing grounds
We shall fight them on the hills and on the dales

We shall never surrender till this island is free.

I don't know what free means nor what island I'm thinking of. There's a Chinese concept called Our Land. I got the idea from a kung fu movie. It is where some guy stands before the emperor of china and tries to kill him in ten paces but when the time comes he uses the technique, gets to kill the emporer but never does.

If I remember right all he says is Our Land. So if the island is our land then I reckon our land is the planet.

"We shall never surrender until our planet is free."

See that doesn't make sense as a last line. Churchill said it so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"